View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 09:34 AM   #182

I guess it's time for a little review on the bike. Even with all the cold weather I managed to put just over 1630 mile on the bike. Yesterday alone I put over 125 miles. The weather was perfect in the upper 60's and lower 70's. The bike is really comfortable and with the new extended reach seat my rear had no complaints. lol My only complaints on this bike in stock form from the factory were the twitchy low speed throttle (that went away with the rear sprocket change), standard reach seat pressed on my tail bone which made it only slightly uncomfortable. Besides that, I love everything about the bike. I did make a few upgrade but were really not necessary. I replaced the stock headlight bulb which was really brighter than I've had on other bikes. I replaced with a LED which was a little brighter but also put less load on the charging system. The seat upgrade was necessary due to my height. I needed that extra inch so I could scoot back a little farther. But this is a standard free feature offered by Kawasaki to customize to you height. The new exhaust system wasn't necessary either. Stock exhaust was fine but just too quiet for me. The new exhaust sound is what I was looking for. It's not loud but I can hear it now. The throttle lock was nice yesterday on that long ride. I'm glad I bought it and works perfectly. I can't complain about the Viking Saddle bags either. These have plenty of storage space and are very sturdy. Adding the new fog lights/driving lights are bright and do make me feel like I'm more visible to others. Even in broad daylight I can see the light reflection in the rear of the vehicles in front of me. The yellow fog lights really are more noticeable in the daylight. I also replaced the rear 46 tooth sprocket with a 43 tooth. Since I wasn't planning on riding two up, the higher gear ratio was more suited for my light weight. Otherwise the stock 46 tooth would of been perfect for two up or heavier person.

I think I couldn't of made a better choice picking this bike. Kind of has the best of both worlds of being a sports bike in a cruiser riding position. Weather is only getting better by the day so should be racking up the miles soon.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel