View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 10:29 PM   #2

Mixture Screw revealed!

Well I have a new PZ25 Carburetor being delivered here tomorrow or the next day. I had some free time so I decided to try the plug removal on the mixture screw on my current PZ25. It was a little harder that the video I watched from MotoCheez but I got it out.

I had high hopes that without touching the bowl or jets that some magic would happen if I could just adjust the mixture correctly. Well, that's what they were just hopes. No matter what I did it really didn't change the behavior of the old carb that much. It surely didn't make it smoother with the choke off. Still running way to to lean as I can really only run at high speeds with the choke between 1/3 to 1/2. Quite disappointing to be sure.

I did get and install a 16T front sprocket. I am lucky I didn't get the 17T just yet as there was no way it would fit without replacing the chain. Anyway even with the carb a complete disaster and running like crap I was able to get the bike up to 55 for the first time! That was about an 11 MPH increase from my precious top speed.

More parts, tuning, and reports to come. Oh yeah I have to admit I was one the people that had figure this out the hard way. Thanks Hellkitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
You do know there is an on/off switch for the headlights on the right side handle bar controls right? Most motorcycles made within the last 25 yrs or so do not have a headlight on/off switch....the headlights are always on. The Hellcat does have an on/off switch for some reason. There is also a "driving" lamp in the headlight assembly that is always on, but this is not the headlight. I know two other people that had the same issue as you because they did not realize there is an on/off switch. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

1990 Suzuki GS500E