View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 09:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
You have hit upon what I think is the biggest issue with the PE style smoothbores that being "hesitation just off idle." I have this problem with a PE 30. The issue as I see it is how the air flow is created around that big slide when it starts to open. Your numbers sure indicate you are putting a lot of fuel on it as Megadan said "that bottom notch is impressive" and a 42 pilot. The answer hopefully is a combination of pilot and needle jet adjustment. Given your numbers I would think you could get a 40 pilot to work with a middle notch and less air. I am just thinking out loud. You might also try to go one size up on the pilot to see if it will smooth it out. One change at a time, one needle position at time.
The 40 pilot causes way worse bog with any needle position. The next size up that I have is a 45, and that causes a rich condition making the spark plug turn black. And hesitates just as bad as it goes with the 42 that does not make the bike run rich. I'm thinking that the pod filter I used is a little too free-flowing. The bike runs identically the same with the filter on or no filter at all. My dad's idea of putting a sock over the filter did help so that tells me maybe I have to have some kind of restriction at the filter for this carburetor to work properly.