View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Yaa posted that and then saw your response. A sock over the air filter to me says you are restricting air flow, which you should be able to do with the pilot air screw. Sometimes when tuning at least myself I try to go to fast to get there and so I don't evaluate each position maybe as thoroughly as I should, needle position, air screw. The answer to me, if there is a good one, has to be some combination of pilot and needle position that will work. But maybe a foam pod filter will give you the air flow restricted so to get a pilot and needle position to work.
I ordered two different style filters when they get in I'm going to give them a try and see if it matters at all. I've run out of things to try other than that. Everything I modify from where it's sitting right now only makes things worse. If I get rid of the bog down low then I have it cutting out popping back firing and not running worth a damn up high. If I get it running extremely well up high then I have really bad bog down low and the bike running overly lean. And I've literally pulled the carburetor off which requires disassembling the whole bike to do so, to change the pilot jet trying every single jet that came with the jet kit. With the needle in the middle position and just set up is the only one that has the bike running almost perfect. When I say I spent 12 straight hours I mean exactly that. I got up in the morning and I never even stopped to get a bite to eat or anything. Worked myself sick from the gas fumes trying to get this thing right.