View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 09:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
In simple terms, yeah, check it and set it to 18mm if it isn't there already. Mine wasn't at 18. It was at 13. By setting it to 18mm it lowers the fuel level in the bowl. In my case by 5mm. Still plenty high enough to supply the pilot jet.

A fun little cheat/life hack - you can hook up a clear fuel hose to the drain and tie it so it faces up and the end sits above the bowl a bit more, open the drain screw, and observe the fuel level. That is how I discovered my fuel level was damn near all the way up.
thanks, ill give that a try. Was just riding the bike and noticed if im going up a steep hill there is no bog at all. Also the bog seems worse if im putting around for a bit before trying to take off but lessens if im thrashing the bike. So you might have hit the nail on the head here. Going to tear it down when my new filters come in and try again to find the happy combo.

Side note. Do any of yall know of a good chain sprocket calculator. All the ones i find on google cannot possibly be correct. My bike right at 60 mph (gps speed) is at 7500-8000 rpm, but according to every sprocket calculator i find i would be doing over 180 mph at that rpm.