Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
That engine looks just great, and so does the frame, forks, rear suspension. Yup, LOTS of motorcycle for the price. And yes, it has everything it needs for street legal getting TO the dirt Oh ya... you'll be happy!

I just got my 520 chain/sprocket upgrade. The JT rear seems correct (~2.5 inches between the four square bolts), and the chain is BEEFY! YAY! This will transmit the force smoother and feel much better when I am in a steep and tight pitch. This weather sucks! Can't wait for warm and drier trails.
Hey as I’m looking to replace my chain, might as well do my sprockets too-what’s compatible with this bike?

Edit: chain is on.
I adjusted it according to the specs in the manual (8-10mm play when bike is sitting upright under its own weight) but that seems really tight. Is there a rule of thumb for this sort of thing or just stick to factory specs?

Edit2: also liked how the chain slider mount will not allow the rear wheel to be adjusted fully forward. The tires will strike the portion that protrudes inside of the swing arm. I think I may trim that part off. Go-go gadget grinder lol
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Last edited by Okierider; 05-04-2022 at 11:25 PM.