View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 12:06 PM   #1

RPS Hawk 250 clutch issues.

Hey everyone, I searched the forum and YouTube and tried quite a bit of different things to troubleshoot my problem, though admittedly the Hawk 250 is my first bike so I dont know much.

Ive ridden my bike (on city streets only), about 5 times, less than 40 hours. Recently when I was riding it became hard to shift gears at all, before the bike got stuck in first gear and I had to ride it home. Eventually after trying again the bike was stuck in neutral.

-I have never dropped it, though I did set it on the left side before to pour out old gas.

-Upon purchase of the bike I installed a new clutch pedal that sat very low (I didn't know any better), and shifted with a low clutch pedal every time I rode. Not sure if that affects anything just adding it in case.

I looked at a YouTube tutorial ( ) that diagnosed a hawk 250 clutch issue, but their solution was not the same as what I needed. I still followed the tutorial and removed about as much as they did, and after reassembly I can now shift into first and neutral, but nothing higher.

I attached a video that shows the current state of what happens when I use my hand to shift with the clutch pedal while simultaneously moving the wheel. ( https://youtube.com/shorts/ZPWuhnB1FHQ?feature=share ) Does anyone see what could be wrong with my clutch or have any clue what I should do to fix it?

Thank you very much for your time.