View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 09:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
Hooked up my computer to the ECU and connected started recording a logfile and went for a short ride with the computer in a backpack. First of all a note came up saying that the ECU was primitive and only refreshed every second. When I look at the dashboard I can see movement in the engine speed, see the engine temp and all sorts of other useless information. Of particular interest is my altitude of 1533 meters when in actual fact I am not much more than about 20 meters above the chesapeake bay. Also the play logfile has me down as a Lifan CTS 125cc xml whatever that is. Still in the dark here can anyone add some light.
John
FYI- The altimeter function may not be calibrated, but it will still respond to changes, which is all that is important. The refresh rate is slow, but the programmed enrichment curves respond to throttle position and rpm, which are continuous input (not reliant on the sensor refresh rate). Things like temperature and altitude are affected by refresh rate, but they change slowly anyway.

Regarding the tune file, yes, I am sure that you load a modified tune file, just like I did for my Turbo diesel VW. So what you need is a tune file to load into the ECU. Either get one from someone, or if you can (like Jerry sez), edit your file on a computer and then reload it.