View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 04:01 PM   #8

Update on Boom carb set up

Hello guys, just a update, I took the full emission egr system out of the bike, run the tank breather hose to the top nipple in the Pz22 carb, that carb nipple used to go to the charcoal canister. Also closed the manifold nipple with a rubber cap, that hose used to go to the egr valve. Block the head egr valve pipe with a home made block. Removing the egr system was easy. I did some research and found out that egr valve sends co2 from the combustion back into the engine that is not good for performance as the co2 takes the place of fresh oxygen. I can say it was a immediate improvement in the performance of the bike, I was also having a issue with vapor lock in the tank but this fixed it. The vapor lock was causing surging at high revolutions, when I stop and open the gas cap it would make that vacuum release sound. The bike is running cooler the idle is better and the spark plug looks great. I recommend everyone remove the egr system. Also got a new fairing on. Bike is cruising at 55mph in 5500rpm and I got it to 65mph at 7000rpm with some throttle still available. I think this bike will hit 70mph at 8000rpm but that’s pushing the engine to the limit and I don’t recommend it.
I’m running a 16t front pinion and a 37t rear sprocket. The bike still have plenty of torque at low speed. I may upgrade the rear to a 35t or 33t for more top speed. FYI if u gona drive it this fast, do a good pre ride inspection on the bike bolts tire pressure, etc to make sure it’s all good.
Attached Images