View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 02:48 PM   #1

I am back on a Chinese bike

I had a Brozz until this Winter, when it was stolen. I had it locked up in the pole barn out at my farm to store it for winter. I have a Suzuki Savage, and a small Yamaha Virago xv250, which are both useful bikes, but missed backroading, so when a 2021 TBR7D showed up on marketplace, for $1,500 , and was already titled. I responded. It was a little further than I wanted to go for one though, so I tried to forget it, and then they guy messages me, and offered it to me for $1,300, and I was wanting it (assuming it was as good as advertised). I told him that it was a little far, but he offered to meet me halfway, so I agreed. We met at the old abandoned truck stop at Mineral Wells. I was pleased, and he seemed trust worthy, and I bought it. He had already rejected the carb, and had 39/17 sprockets, which for my weight, and intended use will not be ideal. He gave me the old sprockets, which I think are 46/15, and I have a 47 rear, and a 16, and 17 front from when I had my Brozz. I have it road legal, and have ran it around some. It runs good,but is definitely a step behind the Brozz. I must say the choke on the handlebar is nice. He changed the oil, and used Valvoline motorcycle oil, but used 10-40. Is this too thin? I have 20-50 MC on hand, and probably enough Rottella 15-40 to change it. It has a gold chain ,but he said it was on it when he bought it new . Would this be an O ring, or X Ring?, And is it decent enough to run, or should it be replaced? This bike is a TBR7D, and I understand that it should have a USB port, folding shifter, and the choke on the handlebar, but this doesn't have the shifter, or the USB, just the choke. I think it's still a good deal though.. Another thing. I was going to replace the rear sprocket studs on my Brozz with Honda studs, but someone on this form said that it wasn't a problem for the Brozz, and was mainly trouble on the Hawks.. Are the studs trouble on thevTBR7? Thanks