View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 05:08 PM   #4

Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I'm glad you got back on a bike! Sorry about the Brozz. My son has the 2021 TBR7D. It was a late year build date and had some manufacturing issues, but it runs fine after all of our fixes and mods!

https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30524

It does not have any USB port and the shifter (not a folding tip) is a long fixed piece that sticks way out and catches weeds and stuff. We bent it so that it is at least tucked in closer to the engine.

Does your carburetor have an adjustable idle (slide height)??
The one on ours barely elevates the idle. Jerry suggested shaving down the stem that the screw fits into so that it can be set deeper. It is the right fix but until it gets cold, not needed
I don't know about the idle screw, because the bike idles fine. I will check. I forgot that the bike does have a way better headlight than my Brozz had, and it does have the skid plate, but it didn't have everything that I thought a D model TBR7 was supposed to have. The guy I got it from was very nice, and honest, and even the Ohio State title had it as TBR7D. I don't know why it didn't have the handguards on it. He may have never put them on. I know he was telling the truth about rejetting the bike, because the screws are slotted, and it runs very well. I never had my Brozz geared any higher than a 42/17, and this bike seems about the same powerwise with it's 39/17. The guy I got it from was probably around 160 lbs, and I am around 250, so I will probably gear it back down some . If I knew the chain would not rub the swing arm ,I would just put a 15 on the front, and run it with the 39.