Thread: "CG125" Clone
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 08:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
They work now.

I like the mods you've done. How does the hydro clutch actuation feel compared to the cable clutch actuation?

Also, do you have access to Nibbi carbs there, or do you have to order from the US? That would be a good upgrade if you can't get your hands on a genuine Mikuni at a decent price.
Clutch action is a little stiffer but more predictable. The bike I was riding previously had this mod and I found going back to the cable clutch there was too much travel.

The only carbs readily available locally are the Dekni brand which comes stock on most of these bikes. I am looking into ordering a carb from the US but want to see what I can get playing with the jetting on this first.

My rotary tool kit should be available for pickup today, I will still be waiting on the vernier caliper before taking the plunge to disassemble the engine though. My next steps will be to port/polish the head and take measurements to possibly find a "big bore" kit that will take the bike closer to 250cc. Thankfully I am scheduled for a few days of PTO in August so will most likely wait until then to get to it.