View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #40

pyoungbl.... I hate to rain on your parade ...but in all my years changing jets and messing with bikes I have NEVER seen a condition where the cylinder is "Washed dry" of lubercant
that simply cannot happen and still run ! even with a badly sticking float where I could get the bike running by pushing it down a hill and dumping the clutch the spark plug will fowl out before any damage to the cylinder in such a wet condition....
so I think your fear is unfounded of washing the cylinder dry .... and sizing a piston or worse....
.... that being said I have to agree that the Resistor idea is not the best idea on the planet... like you said the fuel flow /Air ratio does waver alot, in a carbed bike. although not from the reading of the ECU in running condition...that fuel air ratio there is rock solid and does not deaviate at all with a carbed bike it does but as far as I can see the Fuel injected bike does not wonder at all with it's fuel air ratio ! and I was quite suprised at that..... but if you make it richer by changing the tempiture you will only make it very slightly richer.... probably not enough to even notice. and doing that will change how the ECU handles other things like Idle and perhaps deceleration.
the ECU is a very precise instrument ! you don't want to be "Fooling " a sensor as almost every sensors has triple duty !
....Until I get to the point where I can change settings with no problem on my ECU I will leave it stock.... but I am sure already that there are a few settings where I can get a bunch more power from the thing.... doing that will be a major challenge !
learning to Run the HUD ECU HACKER program itself is the hardest part so far...there is a steep learning curve !
Bob........