View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 03:22 AM   #43

JFOlivier ;.... LOL Pyoungbl is not your average dummy he is sharp and if he said the resistor caused the problem I believe him.... something like a sock getting sucked into the intake would not get by this guy....
it's interesting that you guys have used a resistor in the X-pect or at least tried it
I agree that changing the information in the ECU is the only way to do it correctly
the problem with that idea is that most all of those settings in there change 2 or 3 settings by their value..... so it's Kind'a hard to find a setting that isn't 3 combined sensors that are grouped together to make the one setting work like the Fuel /air ratio for example. so changing just one value sounds like an easy task but doing so will effect 2 or 3 unrelated things....
for instance. if I change the ambiant tempiture to be 20 degrees colder than what is reported to the ECU (which should be a fairly simple task) that will effect everything that USES tempiture in it's calculations such as Idle, Fuel/air ratio, and a dozen other things in there that uses air tempiture in it's calculations....
so is it a viable way to change the Richness of the bike when it is running..... NO not in my opinion....you don't want to change something at the base of the tree and have it branch out, what you want to do is go to the other end of the tree and change the indivudal leaves of the tree.... that way nothing else is effected. work your way in from the leaves of the tree ,don't start at the trunk where you will effect everything in the tree.... in other words go to the source.
You can't suck out more fuel from the float bowl on a fuel injected bike.... there is no float bowl ! so plugging the air intake would not cause it to run richer but the effect would be close to the same and the engine would be a dog it would not get it's full volume of air so the amount of fuel in there would seem richer-per-volume but the performance would be way down as the engine is running on much less than it's normal volume per power stroke...
the Rat's Nest of commands inside the ECU is a tough one to decipher and I'm still working on finding which ones that I can actually change without effecting everything else ! ....what I am looking for is the "end effector" and they are not labeled ! LOL
Bob....