View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 08:32 PM   #5

OK a few minutes ago I finally uploaded a patch.... it was an idle speed mod patch
and everything went along just fine although when I clicked on the upload button a screen popped up and wanted me to confirm that I would give to my favorite charity type thing and I had to click both boxes and then it let me continue.....
it took about 2 minutes to upload the calibration and firmware section, I didn't know if doing the calibration section alone would do it so I did the middle button ! LOL....
when it was done uploading I heard the fuel pump reset and all was done so I imediately downloaded the entire ECU at that time to check the changes...
it did put in my new patch and lowered my idle to 1600 ....
upon seeing that I hit the starter and the bike fired right up..... and imediately started idling at 1800RPM which quicklu started slowing down.... for a minute there I thought it was going to go TOO slow but it leveled out at 1600RPM and that is fortunate as I wouldn't want the idle any slower than that.... this bike has a big heavy crank and alot of advance spark meaning idling real slow can be problematic as throttling up can overpower the centrifugal force of the crank and try to turn it backwards... not a good thing at all so keeping the idle above 1500RPM is a must I think.
it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be..... you just have to be careful on getting the file names correct and make real sure your using the right files !!!!!
...other than that it was super simple.
So now I have that annoying high idle out of the way....
I did notice when I made another run file that I did get the power enhance button to light up for a split second it takes 60% throttle to activate it to begin with and doing that standing still is hard to do.... you need to have a load on it for that.
but it does kick in so I am happy to see that !
Bob......