View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM   #50

For some reason I have not ridden any of my bikes much this summer, I just didn't feel like it.... so my milage of 163miles on the RX4 still stands.
I did manage to get my High idle down to 1600 RPM when it's warm and that is a big improvement.... I think it was so high because of my altitude here right at 3800' ASL
I don't think anyone in the flat lands and low altitude will have that problem(it just takes about 3 or 4 days for the ECU to learn where to set everything) so if your idle is fast when you first get the bike, give it a few days to LEARN it's surroundings!...That's what Joey at CSC told me!
I used HUD ECU Hacker to modify a patch and then put it in there and had no problems in doing that. but the learning curve was steep and getting the right connectors is really hard... only one will work to my knowledge the J2534 Adaptor by Tactrix the cable that plugs into the ECU on the bike is fairly easy to find ...the J2534 Adaptor plugs into that
and then into your lap top via a USB cable
..... it took me about a month to figure it out it's not a fast proccess !
on lowering my bike I raised the front forks in the tripple trees, I had to move the handle bars to get the top of the fork tubes 2" higher and then locked them down
on the rear I tried several things first was just taking out all the preload on the rear shock spring.... that indeed lowered the bike ...BUT it also bottomed out the shock !
so that didn't work I was forced to make a new lower link for the rear suspension that came out exactly 5/8" longer between centers on the bolt holes on the stock lower link
that lowered the rear a long way about 2 1/4" I rode it like that a few times and discovered the tire was rubbing on the fender-well so I cranked down the pre load enough so it wouldn't rub any more.... I had to put tape over the hole that the tire made and surprisingly enough it's still on there.... if and when I ever take that fender well off of there I will plastic weld a piece of PVC pipe that has been split and flattened
over that small hole....( with a soldering iron LOL)
the Rear shock spring I finally landed on is a 500lb spring 2 1/4" id.and 10" long from Racetech
....even though I got 3 springs from YoungBlood....the one I bought is the one I wound up using and replacing the stock spring, that softened the ride a great deal, though it is still on the stiff side.
So I believe the bike is ready to go now.... I still might mess with the ECU and try to get rid of that rough idle by enriching up everything I can find LOL 14.62 AFR is too darn lean ! Although I have been told that that may not be very easy as the O2 sensor will try to put it back no matter where I put it at....so.... i'll have to play with that for a while....

Bob.......