View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 09:32 PM   #11

I was going through this decision process and ended up ordering the Orion.

The Templar wasn't available at the time in the 6-speed counterbalanced version and it is an attractive price point if you want a carb. I wanted EFI and the ability to use a programmer and I like all the support available for the Orion.

The Orion has better parts. The triple clamps, frame, and the battery is a Lithium-ion flavor. It has nice folding levers, high-quality bars, an adjustable suspension front/rear. Henner offers tuning which is a bonus if you want to better dial in the suspension for your weight and application. Adding a Seat Concepts comfort seat to the Orion if your ass is crying out for it.

If you are riding primarily on the road, and you are not interested in all the little Motorcross bits then the Lifan is the simpler option. The Orion is a good 50lbs less weight, and a better off-road tool in many ways so it really comes down to how/where you ride and your interest in wrenching on the bike.

And if you are in a state where it is complicated to put plates on a dirt bike, that is a consideration also. Washington would allow me to plate my washing machine if I stuck lights and a horn on it.