View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #94

Mounted up the front brakes this morning. Two things jumped out immediately.

1) The brake line is not long enough to loop over the cluster and down through the passage in the headlight assembly. I am going to look at picking up a CRF450X front brake line as I think what is currently installed is from a CRF250R. The 250R line has always been a bit of an issue, in older pictures you can see that it was running almost horizontal across the handlebars vs. looping up and over the way it should.

2) The speed sensor has two issues of its own. 1) the wire is wayyyyyyyy to short. 5 minutes with some spare wire I had laying around and I made a 3 pin jumper wire to go from the cluster to the sensor wires. 2) The sensor is a magnet type. It came with two little button magnets that I cannot mount anywhere on the disc without it resulting in clearance issue with the caliper. So I've decided to make a longer sensor bracket and swap to some magnet bolts for the brake disc.

In other news the exhaust ('12 CRF250R) header is on its way. Once it arrives I will start work on the exhaust. Engine is filled with oil, judging by how little it took, there is a some of the factory oil still in there. I will do a full change after the heat cycle tests. Rads are filled with distilled water for now. Same deal as the oil. Full change after heat cycling.