Thread: Storms
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Check shopapmc (Don Hopper). Seems he has some.
I'll bet you he doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminlately View Post
Thanks for the replies.
I did actually contact Don first.

He said they no longer sold the public and closed their credit card processor, but then he went on to give me shipping costs so i'm not exactly sure if it was just credit card orders or not.

If I were you I wouldn't buy anything from Don/APMC. They did their level best to try to rip me off on a Bashan Enforcer several years ago. I suspect they did not "close" their credit card processor, they were kicked off due to numerous customer complaints. They were mysteriously in exactly that same position four whole years ago when I contacted them. They only took ACH/checking account transfers for payment at that time which is super scammy. That's a major red flag, and denies you the ability to charge them back or take advantage of any of your credit card issuer's protections if they just take your money and run.

Don also lied to me repeatedly about the availability of my bike and legitimately was ducking my calls, letting the phone ring forever until I outsmarted him (which didn't take much) by calling from a different number. Among his various excuses were trying to shift the blame for taking my money and not shipping anything to his other employees.

Don't give those clowns a single penny of your money.

I ultimately bought my Bashan from saferwholesale.com, which while also not exactly a quality operation (they mistakenly sent someone else's MCO along with mine in the same envelope, for instance) I at least got my bike as promised, and roughly when promised.