View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 04:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff42 View Post
Ya that’s where the stuff shoots out from. I did ride in the rain a little but it was a drizzle at most. I wonder why it’s in there. I’m going to double check my gaskets on the engine where I adjusted the valves just in case. Did you ever notice yours not seeming to use the coolant? It seems like mine hasn’t gone down much. I love this bike tho. I have been taking it to work as much as I can. Just want to make sure I have everything running right. Want this to last.
You still have the catalytic convertor in yours and it will have some condensation coming out as a result, the same as you see happening on automobiles. When I said something about riding in the rain, what I meant was going from one place to another and stopping and it is cooling off and some unintentional rain drips inside. If you're riding it and not stopping, the hot exhaust and exhaust pressure won't allow much water to make it very far at all so it wouldn't be a problem, but even still it will drain out if it does. Washing the bike is when you can get some water down into the exhaust, but that drain hole will allow it to come out without any problem. As far as loosing coolant, I have topped mine off once since I've had it, but not since. You shouldn't have to add coolant once it's full but it's always good practice to check the level once in a while when you have the rear seat off, coolant leaks can and do happen.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681