Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 01:38 PM   #4

Jeff's upgrade version of the Recon is probably the best dual sport adaptation of the counterbalanced 229cc ZS167FMM available today. NICE choice!!
I have a Bashan Storm. Same engine, many identical component (smaller wheels, and I had to buy knobbies to replace the squirrely dual sport tires)
Some people will tell you that you should get a new carb, but frankly, the stock You-all carb just needs slightly bigger main and pilot jet, unless you are at higher altitude (over 4500ft or so). Maybe a 1mm needle shim as well.

For about $15, you might get a roller style throttle. It gives you more fine throttle control, and much less twist resistance. Before install, hang it straight (gravity) and spray silicon lube in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twills View Post
Hello!

I recently bought a Brozz 250 Recon. I was impressed both by reviews of the bike and of peace sports support in case anything goes wrong. I'll be sure and update y'all with how the build goes when I get the time!

I'm looking forward to all the small fixes that come with buying a crate bike from China. All advice is appreciated!

Last edited by Thumper; 11-10-2022 at 03:25 PM.