View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 03:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
...My own opinion about the Hawk vs. Brozz and the whole inverted forks things. I find them over rated....

...19/17 wheel combo as it greatly limits tire selection....

...No matter what Hawk-like bike you would pick it is important to understand that these bikes are not dirt bikes. They are utilitarian bikes meant to fill the role of unpaved roads and dual track mixed with romps on pavement. They have a full frame with big seats to carry people and cargo. They don't have the suspension travel of a proper dirt bike - aka not really meant for people with MX dreams....
I think of the Hawk as a wheels on the ground bike, meaning it's best to ride it in such a way that the wheels stay on the ground. I am sure the suspension and bike in general are way to soft too handle any jumping or ripping across the tops of whoops. I am not targeting any riding needing this bike to leave the ground, however my older nephew would probably like to get airborne. I actually see the conventional forks as reducing plastic that can get banged up on USD forks so one less thing for me to deal with.

Definitely only doing a 21/18 wheeled biked.