View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 03:13 PM   #2

An over heating issue with the RX4 should be fairly easy to diagnose.
More than likely it is just low on coolant ! the problem is when it's that low you'll need to remove the right side fairing to be able to get to the radiator.... you may be able to reach it with a funnel and hose though.... but getting that cap off will take a contortionist trick!
for me I would just pull the fearing off and then pull the radiator cap off ( when stone cold of course) and then fill the radiator with a 50/50 mixture of coolant
(DO not put in water!) these engines need the wetting agents in the coolant to transfer the heat .... once you have the coolant about 1/2" from the cap start the bike and see if you have coolant circulation...you should be able to see turbulance in the coolant in the radiator not just from the vibration of the running motor but from the flow of the coolant being curculated.....
if there is curculation your good to go ! be sure to fill the over flow tank as well up to the full mark on the tank ... if you fill it to the top it will just leak out the over flow tube!
the other thing that might be causing the over heating is the radiator fan not comming on.... it is supposed to kick on at 94deg centragade I think... so take it for a short spin hop off and bend down and look and see if the fan is spinning behind the radiator...
Mine is so quiet I can't hear it at all so I have to Look to see it....
SERIOUSLY chances are it's just low on coolant you can try to fill the little coolant tank on the right side with the rubber cap on top of the fairing but it does not hold much
so you might have to re fill it 2 or 3 times with short runs in between and let the engine cool completely in between times.
if you do not see circulation then you have problems with the water pump. and that means a tear down ....
....I tested my radiator fan fairly easy by just idling the bike in place and watching the tempiture gauge slowly climb and when it reached 94C i kept looking at the fan motor and it finally kicked on and was working...( I could not see the fan blades any more)
my bike a 2021 would raise in temp to about 95deg C and the fan would kick on and lower the temp to about 85 deg and then turn off.... and it would cycle like that indefinitely.
Your best bet on Motorcycles is DO THE WORK YOURSELF ! down load the manual from CSC and play the tutorials they help a great deal.... you can do it yourself !
Bob.......