View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 11:15 PM   #5

You don't have to be Mechanically inclined to do simple maintenance ! but I do recomend getting an adjustable end wrench instead of trying to use a pare of Plyers !
but most of the things on the RX4 are going to be metric allen wrenches anyway but the tool kit on the RX4 should be all the tools you need really !
there is no doubt in my mind that some guys are better off takeing a bike to a bike place as they are absoultly hopeless when it comes to working on things... but consider this.... you have to start somewhere ! I was one of the fortionate ones who grew up with a wrench in his hand ! my Dad taught me all he could, and would relate stories of me taking apart a special Kitchen clock when I was about 4 years old to my mothers dismay.... i wanted to see how it worked ! but after getting my butt spanked and threatened a more serious butt spanking I had better put it back together .... so I did!
and it suprised my Dad so much that he would brag about that to all his friends !
HAHAHHA ! but although I am quite convinced I can fix anything, I am no good at interrior design....or nuclear physics.... or paperwork of ANY KIND ! as I don't read fast and spell like a 6th grader ! .... but I do know engines !
but not everyone does ! and that's ok.... knowing your limitations is very important
this day and age ! you don't have to be a mechanic, but it really helps to know a good one ! HA !
Most guys can handle basic maintenance and that would include flushing the radiator system.... which is just about what I outlined earlier ( except how to drain it)
.... with the radiator mounted as high as it is on the RX4 there is little chance that there will be a bunch of air in the system like we used to get on 1970's ford cars....
but I really do not know the in's and out's of the RX4 all that good.... i haven't had it That long yet.
but I will say this CSC is very good about their "tutorials"...and if they don't have what your looking for for the RX4 look at the RX3 section as there are a ton of tutorials there
and the engine is almost identical.... the RX4 is just bigger !
Bob.....