View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 07:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoveror View Post

As a newcomer (NO bike, yet), considering motorcycling for exploring, I'm dismayed by motorcycle INflexibility, compared to alternatives (e.g. an ATV or Jeep Wrangler). The notion that you need a different bike and different tire for each road/trail leaves me disappointed. I recognize that part of that perception is marketing hype/bling; but, nevertheless ...
Let's apply the same mindset of some motorcycles riders to a Jeep Wrangler.

"Ohhh no it's a death trap that wrangler!!! you can't outrun a Ford Mustang in a highway!!!"

"Pff that Wrangler is not safe try to do a hard steer at 130 mph, you are going to roll over!! that won't happen with a nice car!!!"

The issue is not the Jeep, the issue are the folks that don't understand what's the main purpose of wrangler.

Adventure Motorcycles are quite flexible, some riders aren't.
For some reason some riders think that every motorcycle must be a super sport bike and those riders love to trash talk most type of adv motorcycles unless they are the top dogs like an African Twin, Super Tenere, some BMW.

Some folks just love to trash talk the Klr 650, because it has "vibrations", because it doesn't go 120 mph, because Kawasaki is not making a new engine every year.. But hey it's a bulletproof engine that been around for the last what 30 years?? The engine has proven reliability. It's not fast but it has more than enough torque to carry stuff and some good off road.
Yes is not a Yamaha R1, because it was never meant to be an R1.