View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 08:50 PM   #7

Hey guys. Awesome advice here thus far. I am SO glad I changed the oil. It literally only had about 2.5 cups in the damn thing and it was watery black gross stuff that looked nothing like oil is supposed to look.

That said it’s still doing the grindy jumpy thing at the end of the clutch lever stroke when I release it. Doesn’t matter how fast or slow I do it.

I did a search for the spmptoms of a bad clutch and they seem to fit, however when I do use clutchless shifting, it doesn’t do the grindy jumpy thing. So I did a search on how to replace the clutch, but every single video I can find only shows people changing out the springs. Which makes me wonder, could changing the springs be completely sufficient, of do I need to change the clutch as well.

On that note but a separate but related question, I hate the feel of the clutch lever on this bike. It’s hard for my hands to pull. I don’t know if it’s a girl thing and I lack strength (I mean I can pull it but I get fatigued easially) or if they genuinely just suck. How can I make this feel better while I’m at it?