View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 09:22 AM   #12

The position of the new mounting holes will determine the amount of lowering. But I am having a difficult time deciding exactly what the calculation is:
The lower mount is only about 3.5 inches behind the swingarm pivot. The distance to the rear axel from pivot is ~22".

But it isn't a simple fixed mounting position to the shock. The mount articulates slightly due to the triangular mounting bracket with dogbone linkage. The lowering will be enhanced by the effect of that linkage (either more, or less than a simple fixed mounting position.

Most lowering kits involve replacing the doglegs with slightly longer doglegs, which articulate the triangle downward/backward, effectively lengthening the distance between the lower and upper mounting positions.

Well, we will see. I think a full 1" difference in lower mounting position might be a drastic change, so I will go less than 1". But I want the lower shock mount to be secure and strong, so I don't want the new holes too close to the OEM holes. 3/4" might be about as close as I can make the new holes.