Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridge boyieee View Post
It does need a lower gear, Im thinking 44 to start off with but for training my son to ride the low gear is perfect.

Looking for a little help with the speedo setup, base Templar non X model. It only has a single button and pgm mode only has three circumference settings: 2182, 1795 & 1522. Can’t remember where but 2114 was the number for the 21 front. The unit appears to be a SHKALACAR https://www.amazon.com/Shkalacar-Mot...sal-Tachometer

Carb is spot on, thanks again Thumper. The front forks are as soft as me, easily bottoming on a 2 foot ledge with a wheelie to level. Swapped the fork oil today, old stuff was a little dark, right around 270cc on each tube. I added 325cc of 15w-Maxima and it’s better, but it’ll still bottom off a small jump and I’m 170 pounds.

So far I’m impressed with the little thing, the motor is great. I set both valves set to .08 for break in and it’s quiet. Did my three hot & cold cycles and beat the snot out of it, runs quiet and has more torque than I expected. 62 miles so far with the incorrect Speedo…
I LOST TRACK of the instructions on how to switch between kph and mph. Was it hold button and switch on?
Also, how do you select the 21" wheel code?

By the way... I am going to crank up the rear shock preload and give this 4" lowering a whirl. It is reversible (just mount back to OEM slot!), so no harm in trying. And I am unfortunately approaching geriatric joints and tendon strength, so no big whoops and jumps for me
Lots of fun to be had without getting too airborn