Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2022, 11:06 AM   #940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
And it's neither! It seems to be a fourth variant. It's as if one company made the universal dash shell and every other company made the electronics inside to run it and tossed it to the market as their product.

I went to the garage and gave myself a few minutes before the cold seeped through me to play with entering setup mode. It's simply hold the button down with key off and turn the key to on while holding the button down. My dash had a large number and four smaller numbers. The large number was not changeable. Clicking the button clicked through about three preset settings in millimeters for the four numbers section of the display and a very short timer of no button presses switched the display back to the normal dash mode from setup mode.

So the bottom line if I want to fine tune the millimeters to dial in an accurate speed reading I buy one of the three universal dash units in the three videos above. I have not tested my dash against gps to see how far off the displayed speed is. How much the speed is off from actual speed would likely influence any decision to get a new dash or just live with it.
My Speedo is about 3 mph faster than gps speed.
Pro Taper Grips
125 main 45 pilot jets
42 tooth rear sprocket
2010 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Silver Star