View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 05:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yep. I am agreeing with Jerry on the (not) need for notary on the Bill of sale/sale contract. It's a new vehicle, and it's coming with the MCO and invoice/receipt. We have other members from Kentucky, and I haven't heard about this.

But regardless, Venom complied with the request with no argument, and quick. Good folks. And you can make the anal retentive clerk pucker up and be satisfied with the document. Ouch!

Maybe I am wrong, and it is required by law. But I am feeling skeptical about this
I looked into it after the fact and what I could find in ky state law is that out of state purchases need that form or a notarized bill of sale would suffice. If the vehicle was purchased with a window sticker with the msrp listed you could pay taxes based on that. But unfortunately because the kpm200 is not in there system or part of any data base they use the form I got filled out was they only thing I could used to prove the purchase price. I’m sure more experienced clerks in this situation would have just accepted the bill of sale and moved on.