View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 10:04 PM   #4

Thanks! I haven't seen your threads but I did notice your mention of the Tomahto so I was hopeful you or someone else would have good info. I will look those threads up. I had also just found DrATV but it was such an odd site that I thought it was abandoned.

Yes, I'm learning slowly how odd 1969 was. The guy I bought it from had replaced the carb but also gave me the original. He mounted the new one by making a little adapter plate. I'll leave it that way unless it gives me trouble. And yeah, the air filter does look damn weird. My bike doesn't have one at all and the cover for it just takes in air straight from the frame under the gas tank. I didn't know they made them without the snorkel up to the cargo rack.

I don't need this thing to be 100% original, I just want it to be 100% functional. I might have preferred a later 70s model or a CT110 but I got this thing for less than a grand, and that's kind of a miracle.

Honestly, this is the bike I wanted before I settled for the X-pect. I do like the X-pect, excellent value for sure. But as soon as the snow melts and the streets are swept, I'm gonna ride this little Honda until my face is sore from smiling.