Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 10:56 PM   #1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I have seen posts here where people ask if anyone has tried a pod filter on the Templar X. I don't know about the Templar and Templar M, but the carb on the Templar X aims at the rear shock spring, and there just isn't any room for a pod filter.

But, the snorkel has a nice smooth internal surface that snakes around to a VERY LARGE opening with a BIG OILED DOME FILTER. I don't think a pod filter would be better even if you COULD get it in there! In fact, a pod filter might be more restrictive. That dome filter offers a lot of surface area and it is very porous. Air must flow past that dome filter quite freely, and the large surface area allows for good filtering as well.

I think the answer is to keep the dome filter clean, and replace it if it gets too fouled to clean.

If you install a different carb, good luck on mating the snorkel. If you changed your carb, have you got a picture of this????
Only thing that really makes me wonder is airflow to the air box-the battery tray takes a lot of room.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”