Thread: bait and switch
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 06:45 PM   #3

So far, AliExpress judged that my dispute is valid, and that the vendor will pay for return shipping, and provide a full refund. AliExpress is interested in customer satisfaction and they would like to maintain legitimacy in the online marketplace, like Amazon (they want to grow). Their revenue is based on sales, and a good reputation is a major part of the equation. Based on the judgement, AliExpress states they will reimburse me in full if the vendor does not respond within a specified time, and there is a countdown timer. I am confident that AliExpress will hold the vendor accountable. The sequence of events and methods are a little different, but they are standing behind the customer (me).

The vendor offered an alternative, that I keep the head (though it contains no installed valves, valve seals, camshaft, etc. as indicated in the listing). They would give me a partial refund (~$100). But I need the complete head, so I am refusing the alternative. I have no use for the bare head.

It is possible that an employee screwed up. I will never know what happened. I did send a message to the vendor that the head is carefully packed and ready to ship, and that I am waiting for a shipping label.