View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 08:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
If that machine were adjusted properly it would fire on the first or second turnover, just like it should if kick started.

If you have fire and air and fuel up to the carb it is time to pull the carb and check it.

We are not talking major rocket science, it's an ATV carb. Pull it out and clear all the sealed screw plugs and set the idle screw 2 turns out (which is about normal), check the float and needle valve and clean and blow out the main jet.

This is the first thing most people do if a stored bike, lawn mower or go cart will not fire. It does not take a tank full of rotten fuel to jell up a carb, just a glaze on the needle valve will stop one cold.
Go watch the video. If idle screw is 2 turns out it won’t even turn over. This isn’t a case of bad storage. Also, as I’ve mentioned the carb is new, I doubt the jets are plugged since it’s never had fuel in it prior to a week ago. Also as mentioned the plug comes out wet with fuel, so therefore it’s getting fuel, and it’s got spark. What it doesn’t have is the ability for the starter to spin it over with the throttle opened any at all or with the idle screw turned in any more than 4 turns out, which it’s not going to run that far out.

I appreciate the response, but would ask of you to reread what I’ve said and watch the video I’ve uploaded. I think that’ll give you a better understanding as to what I’m fighting. It started this BEFORE putting it away last year, it’s actually what prompted it getting put away.