Old 03-29-2023, 05:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Simplest explanation I can give.

SG400 + processing fees and delivery costs = $5300
RZ3S Haylon 400 + processing and shipping at current sale price = $4600

2022 Yamaha MT03 + dealer fees at local dealership = $5100
2023 MT03 + Fees = $5400

MT03 is 50lbs lighter, makes 14 more hp, has a ton of factory and aftermarket support all over the country.

There are a ton of other big brand bikes in that category and the comparison is basically the same.

Meanwhile, in the cheap Hawk and Hawk like bike category.

KLX230 out the door = $5300
My Hawk delivered $1400. My silly number of upgrades cost about as much as the bike. Still half the price.
A KPX250, a very good bike to compare to the KLX is still 2 grand less. The KLX does have some advantages, sure, but for most guys doing light off road and street duty, you won take advantage of it.

That's why the cheap Hawk bikes are so prolific, and why nobody buys the bigger class of bikes available. The appeal was always in the cost savings, and there isn't enough savings. If the RZ3S Haylon 400 was 4k delivered, It would sell like the KPX250.
As usual, this man has the answer.

IMO the whole point in buying a Chinese bike was to get in easy and cheap - less than 2k for my hawk after taxes and shipping, which Amazon let me use my amazon card for, so i pay $120 a month for my bike. I cannot afford 5grand upfront for a bike, and if I'm gonna make that big of a purchase, might as well buy a used Japanese bike. Hell, for 5gs you can get a new Japanese bike lol