View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 10:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraphet View Post
Thanks for the info. I ended up switching to the Tao trb7. Not sure when the magician would be in. Seems like it may be a better bike anyways. I would think it should be able to reg. For road in mass. Has everything it needs and the site says it’s dot approved and epa approved.
I’m just learning and am looking forward to having a motorcycle again after 30yrs.
I think the only advantage of the Magician is probably seat height, for shorter riders, but they have several disadvantages, from what I have seen on YouTube, and this forum. From what I gather, they take far less common rear sprockets, and the carb is not easily accessible, and it seems like the welds break , either easier, or more often. I think they have gas tank issues more often as well.
I have both a standard base model Hawk, and a TBR7, and I have them both road legal here in West Virginia, but I think that technically the TBR7 is probably the easier one to get registered, if you either live in an area were the DMV is stricter, or maybe just have to deal with an employee who is a stickler , because the TBR7 has a metal placard attached to each side of the swing arm, declaring that it is approved, and declared safe for highway use, I forget what the other placard states, but something similar . My Hawk doesn't have either placard, just the VIN stamped into the neck of the frame