Thread: break in over?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 07:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
These Chinese enduro bikes definitely offer a lot of enjoyment for the money. I've had 3, and still have 2. I bought my Brozz new , a couple years ago for $1,950 with free shipping. I spent very little on it, just Niche XRing chain , front, and rear sprockets, and proper jets for the stock carb, and very cheap bags. I completely de restricted the story exhaust. I put just over 2,000 on the odometer on it, then it was stolen out of the garage on my property (farm) out in the country. I had a couple of street bikes, but I just didn't enjoy them as much as the Brozz. I jumped at the chance to buy a nearly new TBR7D with just 400 showing on the odometer for $1,300 .It already had 42/17 sprockets, and was rejetted it ran great. The guy just got in a financial jam. It already had a real title. I also got the old sprockets with it, and I put the Stock 46 on it , and run it with the 17. I replaced the rear sprocket studs with Honda studs, and replaced the chain. I did splurge on full exhaust, Nibbi PE28FL, and pod filter. I have cheap bags, and homemade fork brace, as well as additional preload spacers. I have had everything I need to port the head, and a 4 degree timing key, but never did any of that yet. I am now showing just over 3,000 on the odometer, but I know it reads kilometers, so I have over 1,800 miles on it. Any my Hawk was probably the best deal of all . It's a 2016, but had almost no miles, and it runs great . I have spent almost nothing on it. I replaced the chain, and sprocket studs,and installed the stock 46 /17 sprockets from my old Brozz on it. I de catted it. Properly jetted it for the exhaust work, Nibbi Filter, and cheap bags, I also found a great deal on a Zanella digital speedometer cluster on eBay, and bought an adjustable shock, and made new preload spacers for the forks, and a fork brace. I has probably close to 1,000 miles on the bike now. I have already put more miles on, and spent less on the 3 bikes together, than a lot of people do on bikes that they have payed far more for, and more on upgrades.
yep and you had all the fun. people dont know what they are missing.