View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 12:18 PM   #1

Hello From Wyoming

I have owned one motorcycle in my life...a 1991 Harley Davidson FXR. I bought it around 2008, after the divorce and full-tilt into a mid-life crisis. The bike was possessed, my guess is by the original owner who was more than likely a Hell's Angel (bike was bought in the SF Bay Area). It threw me once and almost killed me when a woman in a full size truck ran a red at ~50mph. Regardless, I loved that bike and was sick when I had to sell it.

I had to sell it because I got back on disability (mental, not physical, although I also suffer from scoliosis) and I figured my riding days were over as there is no way I can afford ANY bike, new or used, until I saw this sweet Hawk 250! I was watching the Bikes And Beards YouTube channel and saw the one he bought. I couldn't believe it when I went to Amazon and saw it for myself, then started watching all the YouTube videos.

Sadly, because I worked for 10+ years in the financial district of SF, I make more on disability than many make at their minimum wage jobs. My wife (#2) makes $18 an hour but barely gets 25-30 hours a week and I bring in more than her.

The good news? I'm buying a Hawk 250 on July 3rd!!! Rent will be tough, but our landlord is really cool and will let us catch up. I can't believe I'm gonna be riding again. I am goofy excited!!!