View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 10:54 PM   #19

I agree that the plug looks perfect, don't touch nothing! It will just continue to get that toasty look that we all know and love.

As for the idle problem, think about what you have, that carb is as simple as dropping a rock. The idle adjustment is a screw that impinges directly on the angled flat on the slide inside the tube. The slide pulls the needle out of the jet tube and releases fuel. That is a very mechanical issue, not a fueling problem. Slide in, needle up, faster/ slide out, needle down, slower.

Unscrew the top and pull that slide out and check it for burrs. Make sure the slide runs freely and that the spring is not binding the throttle cable. Make sure the cable is in its notch and the cable end is in its recess. Lots of times the cable gets tangled in the spring as you replace the slide and screw down the cap. Ask me how I know.

Something is probably blocking the slide from a full return consistently. That is where you get into burrs, sticky throttle cable, weak return spring....

You have this nearly worked out. It is now some little something that just needs a scrape with a pocket knife.