View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 11:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
I agree that the plug looks perfect, don't touch nothing! It will just continue to get that toasty look that we all know and love.

As for the idle problem, think about what you have, that carb is as simple as dropping a rock. The idle adjustment is a screw that impinges directly on the angled flat on the slide inside the tube. The slide pulls the needle out of the jet tube and releases fuel. That is a very mechanical issue, not a fueling problem. Slide in, needle up, faster/ slide out, needle down, slower.

Unscrew the top and pull that slide out and check it for burrs. Make sure the slide runs freely and that the spring is not binding the throttle cable. Make sure the cable is in its notch and the cable end is in its recess. Lots of times the cable gets tangled in the spring as you replace the slide and screw down the cap. Ask me how I know.

Something is probably blocking the slide from a full return consistently. That is where you get into burrs, sticky throttle cable, weak return spring....

You have this nearly worked out. It is now some little something that just needs a scrape with a pocket knife.

Ill try to look into a possible binding issue but I seriously doubt it..

When I think I have the idle dialed in I go for a ride and bamm again at 2000-2100RPM, I lower it on the fly (Seems to settle back to ~1700RPM) and then it suddenly dips into the low 1000s which either stalls it or seems like its going to but never goes back to 1700. I start to ride and stop again and repeat the same issue.

Right now I have to settle for the bike to hang the revs high for a while and if the light last long enough it will eventually (But taking its sweet time) go back to 1700rpm.. It also does this weird thing that once it has passed enough time it will idle high again completely on its own..

Ex:
>I stop for a light put on Neutral or Pull the clutch bike revs high on the low 2000s RPMs.
20 seconds pass
>Bike idles back down on its own to 1700rpms (My desired idle speed)
10-15 seconds pass
>Bike starts to idle high again to 2000s RPMs without me touching anything.
Rinse and repeat for as long as I am stopped.

This is the really the only issue I have at the moment.

Also I am running NGK DR8EA (7162) Plug which is what the manufacturer recommends, should I switch plug now that I have the mods?