View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 10:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Wow who in their right mind would buy a new engine ,because can't find a simple clutch part. What every time I need a clutch have to buy a new engine,makes me think about the whole china bike thing. 6000 miles and clutch never did feel good,and now no clutch parts. I have a 2021 TBR7 too, this is just wrong. Why would anybody want these bikes,I know I don't anymore.
A few reasons I can think of...
First, the engine is so cheap, and it is ready to install, with new clutch and everything. If you can't ride because you can't easily and quickly find a part, it solves that
Second, you might buy the wrong kit, end up losing some money and lots of time. Eventually you should be able to find the right clutch kit
Also, you would have a spare engine to work on, so you could port the head, bore the cylinder or get a bigger cylinder/piston/rings. And you could work on the engine upgrades at a leisurely pace!

Besides, these engines are cheap enough to be nearly disposable! Keep in mind that some forum members spend hundreds on their bike, even if it is running just fine. That is OK too!

Or don't buy an engine. Your choice. It is a viable way to get back on the road, wouldn't cost that much, and buys you the most valuable commodity of all - Time

Last edited by Thumper; 07-11-2023 at 12:20 AM.