View Single Post
Old 07-22-2023, 12:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I specifically left that out because at one time I did include it. It's not included so I simply don't have to deal with 50 experts all telling me the numbers I included are wrong and theirs were right.

.05mm is fine. >.05 to .08mm is perfectly within range of every CG engine ever made. Zongshen states theirs as .07mm for both valves with a 2500 miles valve check interval.

The .04mm may be a bit tight, but I have also seen Lifan Xpect lash figures states as .03-.06mm as a range for the intake.

I personally stick with no less than .05mm intake and .07mm exhaust.
I had a feeling this was the reason you didn't include it in the stickie...too many "experts" and keyboard warriors...I mostly fit into the latter category. hehe

Maybe you can add a blurb like, "This is where I set my valve lash, feel free to set yours wherever you think is best"?

Thanks for that tip about finding TDC. You kick ass, Megadan, and you have a cool first name.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin