Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 12:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempX View Post
I have been wanting to sumo mine as well. Just don't even know where to start with the correct wheels and stuff. Also, the wheels and tires seem to be about half the price of the bike. I can get you that caliper bolt spacing when I get home from work tonight
Can find wheels and tires for around 750 on the web. But regearing and adding larger brakes while not needed would make it better. Any idea on the bolt spacing, mine is slated for delivery tomorrow if not.

Also seen the Russians have a 77mm big bore kit out for the 172Fmm, brings the bike to 286cc trying to find a source outside of Iron curtain 2.0 can find the 74mm kit on AliExpress all day long (268cc?)

Sure will be fun to tinker with this bike I had a Wr250r that I sold and miss, then built a street legal pit bike Supermoto but the thing scares me being so small and not very comfortable outside of the neighborhood (yx140.w/z40 on 12" wheels) so I figure I'd buy the templar x and build it out into a sumo but still be able to swap to dirt tires for the occasional trail riding outing.