View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 07:07 AM   #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Took a ride out to Sanibel Island to check up on a fence I put up to keep out the idiots that were making big holes in our now lot. Seems to be working, knock on wood.
Kinda odd but the speedometer is only off 2 MPH at 60 MPH according to my speedometer app on my cell phone which indicated 58 MPH. At lower speeds the speedometer is off by 10% or more.
Anyway I am very happy with the performance of the stock bike. After I break her in I will run her up to top speed,
I found my speedo is also off by about 10% at about 30 mph and maybe even worse when in the +40mph range, but then for some reason above that speed my speedometer is more accurate. I found this out yesterday, now that I’ve done more than Han 500 miles, and did the initial service, I rode purposefully rode by one of those digital speed checks and at around 55 mph I expected the speedometer to read 48-50 mph, but it was actually pretty accurate, off by maybe 1-2 mph.

So seems at lower speeds it’s off but then above 55mph appears to be more accurate.