View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 08:56 AM   #22

just to keep the confusion going.....

The 6 speed trans comes into play because of the improved top-end speed on roads. I'm not sure this is a necessity since this is for the kids. However, the other aspects of the Templar X (or M) motor is good. True 250 and slightly more power. However, power isn't a critical factor, again, because it's for the kids. The could have plenty of fun on the 229's too. It really depends on how important price is to you. The 229s are competent and you won't go wrong with those either.

If you're looking farther into the future with the kids having fun on the bikes long term, go Templar.

As for Manny....don't buy from any of the sites that are in the Arlington TX area. Check with us to confirm. I've not bought from Venom, but they have a good reputation here. buying my hawk was so long ago, I don't even remember who I bought it from.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.