View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 09:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg4630 View Post
I have a 2023 Hawk DLX. I recently bought the true 250cc Big bore kit from motocult. I went to install the kit last night and ran into a major problem. The kit came with a 16 mm wrist pin which from all I have read is correct, but it’s too wide to fit my crankshaft. It appears to be a 15 mm crank shaft opening. To make matters worse, the piston I removed is damaged and I can’t reinstall it. I can’t find any piston that uses a 15 mm wrist pin. Every one that I can find is 16 mm. What should I do. I left a message for Devin at Motocult and I’ll waiting for his answer but I wanted to get as many ideas as possible.
When you say "15 mm crank shaft opening", do you mean connecting rod opening? I think that's what you are referring to. Find the correct rod or have the rod machined to 16mm. It is nearly a new bike!

If there is a roller pin bearing, that surface needs to be perfectly round and smooth. You will be doing this all over again right if the bearing fails!! And the shrapnel from the failure will drop into your crankcase

The wrist pin surface must be round, and centered, and smooth as glass.

You might see what Devin has to say.

Hand reaming can be easy to screw up. I would really advise finding a rod with the 16mm inner diameter on the piston side. Megadan sez OEM stock is a 16mm, so it should be available.