View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 09:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaXi View Post
The fuel was actually drained before it was stowed away before I bought it, so it's been sitting dry. But I'm guessing it's good practice to clean out the carb anyway. Having said that, any tips on removing it aside from using a hair dryer on the rubber? I've been trying to see how to get it out of there, but with so many wires and whatnot in the way I don't really see a good point of approach. But thank you for all the tips. I'm just letting it sit, and I'll try tomorrow again. Should I adjust the fuel screw since it slowly loses rpms as it idles? I'll have to look into the break off bolt thing, I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I'm assuming everything is OEM.
It will come out on the right side easily if you remove the muffler... The two 12mm bolts at the head, the 10mm bolt at mid-pipe, and one bolt under the right plastic rear cover.

You do have to remove the right front rack mount (basically remove the rack), BUT you can cut a slot in the plastic where that front rack mount is so that you no longer have to remove the rack when you bolt it all back together.

Actually, removing the carb is much easier and you don't need the heatgun/blow dryer. Getting it back on is a bigger challenge!

Last edited by Thumper; 11-23-2023 at 09:50 AM.