View Single Post
Old 12-26-2023, 12:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
it's been two long weeks, but things are holding up pretty well. The recovery after surgery was painful, but only lasted for about 3 days before I was able to move off the oxy and settle in to taking Tylenol. the original pain in my back seems to be relieved, but right now replaced by the pain from the screw/rod implants. I expect/hope that will ease up after perhaps a month and things can start moving back to "normal". I know it'll be about 6 months before I'm back to regular activities though, including riding.

I've decided while I'm out of riding, I'm going to be selling off the Intruder and the Goldwing. I'm keeping the KLR. It's just too much fun and easy to ride. I have a friend who said he'd do some riding with it from time to time to keep it "fresh", My older son volunteered to do the same, so hopefully it will get some decent exercise while I'm not in the saddle.

For now, I'll just spend some time dreaming about what road bike I'll buy next. I want something in the sport touring line being large enough for my wife and I to do day trips, but no long-distance touring for her. I'll be using it for Iron Butt rides though. Thinking perhaps an FJR.
Glad to hear things are going "as planned".
Too bad you didn't live closer. My brother is selling his Kawasaki 1100 something-er-other sport touring bike for cheap. I forget what model it is but it's a touring unit with a slight crotch-rockety look to it. He's keeping his older GW.

EDIT: My mistake. He sold the Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours last summer. He's selling his'96 BMW K1100 at the moment.....for cheap.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350