Thread: hawk 125 issues
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 05:54 PM   #13

Yes, it will die out with the choke ON if the motor is warm, or its warm ish outside. The only time you need full choke is in cold weather on a cold motor to warm it up. Now that you have it running some what right ride it around leisurely for a while then pull the spark plug and see how its burning the fuel, Black it's too rich, white and ashy looking its too lean. You want a nice tan brown color. These bikes are notorious for being jetted too lean from the factory to pass U.S. emissions import regs or whatever. That looks like a really nice machine from what I can see in the video. Please feel free to do a walk around video of it. I didn't mean to sound brash in my last reply. I just know what running them like that will get you. When my son was a little chap and we got him a brand new SSR70 he was very excited to ride it and it came to me way to lean and would only run with the choke fully on. So I let him ride it for a while like that. When I got the new jets in and got it running right it smoked all the time. basically it washed the piston rings out and running in that condition the rings never sealed to the cylinder wall. I had to tear it down and re ring the little motor.