Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 10:24 PM   #1535

Hey there,

I finally settled down, bought a truck, and am ready to get a bike now! I used to go dirt biking every weekend with my dad, but when I moved out a few years ago he decided to sell my bike from under me. Been dreaming of being on a dirtbike since then. I love wrenching on stuff, and it seems if care is taken on assembly, the Templar X is pretty good.

I am 5'7" and 200 lbs which seems to be pretty close to what the suspension on the TX can handle max. I am working to get down to 160-170 which the bike's stock suspension would hopefully handle pretty decent.

From what I've read so far there are mixed results on getting a FL title for this bike. It would not be the end of the world if I can't get it street-legal. Most of its life will be on trails and OHV areas anyway, but it would be really neat if I could get it legalized for the road. I heard the MCO comes with "offroad only" but some seem to have success with contacting the seller to get an amended "motorcycle" MCO. I plan on sending an email in after I place my order to request the motorcycle MCO.

I'm planning on ordering from PowerSportsMax as this seems the best deal for me. Mixed reviews on their customer service. Seems half have great experience and the other half can't even get a response from them.

TLDR;

Anyone here who was able to get a "motorcycle" MCO and register the Templar X for onroad in Florida? Should I buy from PowerSportsMax, would ordering directly from XPRO USA be better, or maybe even Amazon?

Thanks,

Vek.